If your address is listed incorrectly online, there is a good chance the wrong info came from the government’s NPI database which lists ~5mm health care providers and organizations. Many websites copy your address from this database.
Below are instructions on how to update your NPI record with the correct address. This is an important step for ensuring that your address & phone number stay correct online. You, your office manager, or your credentialing department can perform this update.
- Visit this web page:https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/StaticForward.do?forward=static.npistart
- Select the appropriate option.Chose “Login” if you already have an account with the NPPES.If you don’t already have an account, click on “Create Login to View or Update your NPI Data.”
If you need additional help, you can contact the NPPES:
PO Box 6059
Fargo, ND 58108-6059
Alternatively, you can use this paper form to update your NPI record, but it may take between three to six weeks to process:
HOW SOON WILL MY ADDRESS BE CORRECTED ONLINE?
Within 60 days after your NPI record has been updated, your address will be fixed on the websites that refresh NPI data regularly. Within 6 to 12 months, your address will be corrected on many of the sophisticated directories.
The local listings ecosystem is very complex. If you are looking for additional help with your addresses, we recommend you contact the following companies. This list is intended for informational purposes only; you must do your own due diligence on each company:
- Express Update USA – Prices start around $0/year
- MOZ Local – Prices start around $80/year
- Universal Business Listings – Prices start around $80/year
- Yext – Prices start around $500/year
- Local Market Launch – Prices start around $500/year
EMPATHIQ is providing this information as a public service announcement. We do not update addresses/profiles nor do we assist with updating the NPI database. We do not endorse any of the aforementioned companies.
EMPATHIQ provides online review management software for doctors.
EMPATHIQ is a service for esteemed physicians who want to manage and protect their online reviews.
Since 2012, EMPATHIQ has been enhancing and increasing doctors’ online reputations with a three-part approach that 1) monitors reviews; 2) responds to reviews; and 3) gets more reviews. We are headquartered in San Diego, CA and serve healthcare professionals in the U.S.A.
To read what doctors have to say about EMPATHIQ, visit: https://empathiq.io/about